February 15, 2016

Microblog Monday: A Marathon of Crappy Things

So I'll recap yesterday's actual marathon later. Spoiler alert - didn't go as I had hoped and my pity party is still ongoing. But since it's Monday and no one likes Mondays, here's a list of other things no one likes:

While driving to Florida (for marathon) I get a call that my less than a year old, under warranty, MacBook that stopped working last week has liquid damage and corrosion to the mother board, voiding the Apple warranty. I can think of zero times it was ever near water. We have additional warranty I THINK covers it, but I haven't called yet to inquire about it. 

Sunday morning at 2:30am Mary wakes up coughing and then pukes. Not a ton, but a decent amount. She then pukes every thirty minutes or so for the next six hours.

I had to get up at 5:00am for my marathon so what's a couple hours earlier?!

Run marathon that was good for about 22 freaking miles and then body says, "oh, this actually sucks so we are going to call it a day." Endure four (point two!) miserable miles to finish, but fall so very far from goal.

Drive home and get notice that fraud has been detected on debit card for $800 worth of transactions. A $500 one attempted at a "Yogurtland" in CA. After yesterday's events $500 in FroYo doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Husband comes down with stomach bug and yaks violently. As I type my stomach hurts and I worry what my fate will be the remainder of the night.

Happy Monday, friends!


6 comments:

  1. There is nothing micro about this post. Good gracious girl. I hope the week gets better as it goes along.

    (I am so curious about that $500 at yogurtland though - that's some serious topping!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, who buys $500 in froyo? Holy shit, that's a huge cup!

    REALLY about that Macbook? Frick.

    I might have laughed loudly at the bit about your body deciding to quit even though it's not funny and it wasn't funny and I'd also be pissed if I were in your shoes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. And for the record, I ran 4.5 miles this morning and went ahead and was like, YEAH, I'M DONE. SO to think you did that after running 21 before that? Lordy. You're amazing. And I did a 20 minute Jillian Shred session yesterday because it was a holiday and my kids were home and wouldn't change out of pj's and wouldn't go to the kidcare at the gym and it was 22 outside so I couldn't do a stroller run. So I popped in a Jillian session and I'm feeling it hard today. I'm so weak. You're sooooo much stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, what is it with stomach bugs and credit card fraud happening in the same week?! That's exactly what happened when I was at Jackson! I'm going to tell myself it's an east coast thing/travel curse :P But dang...even though it still sucks that you weren't able to make your goal, if you ran a bloody marathon on that little sleep AND your immune system was potentially already trying to fight off a nasty bug...that adds a whole new level respect to just crossing the finish line. Thank God you didn't come down with it on marathon day. Praying you're still spared...and if not spared that it all passes super speedy quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no no. What a string of bad events and days. I am SO sorry. First, your computer. I really hope that extra warranty covers it and that Apple is not lame and unhelpful. Second, so sorry for the flu! Blah. Third, $500 on froyo? Ha ha ha. I'm laughing WITH you because that happened to me on my last work trip. Someone was trying to use my card to spend $1000 at Saks in NYC. You go girl - I hope they were buying something cute :) (what is there to do but laugh?).

    As for the running, I'm so sorry. It is really hard to work diligently toward a goal and to fall short of what you wanted to achieve. The tough thing with these events is that if your body has a tough day and chooses to shut down, there is nothing you can do. Hang in there, girl. I hope you aren't sick now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I saw this article and thought of you! http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/02/17/mile-13-in-the-military-marathon/?emc=edit_ml_20160218&nl=motherlode&nlid=32333615

    ReplyDelete