February 20, 2016

Five Years Without Daren

Five years ago today Daren was killed in action while deployed to Afghanistan. As with Cale, sometimes on these anniversaries and milestones I just don't really know what to say anymore. But it doesn't change or diminish the missing, the wondering, and the ache. It's just that what was true then, is still true now. We miss him. We love him. We wonder what he would be like and how much different all of our lives would have been these past five years if he had been a part of them the way we all wished he could have been. 

I was looking on my hard drive for a picture to share and stumbled upon some of my favorites. In typical Daren fashion they all are more of the 'outtake' variety.

My USMA graduation. 
Rock, Paper, Scissor with my sister to determine who would speak first at our wedding.
Daren's USMA graduation. With his grandparents. I love the look on Oma's face.
Fall 2009 with Roscoe

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
We did a modified version of Daren's Crossfit WOD this week with Stroller Strong Moms (we also did this last year). I was so touched by the support and grateful to share a little about Daren with others. 



Miss you, Daren. Always.
................................................................................................

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute to your beloved Brother in law. I love the outtake photo- speaks volumes about Daren's personality. And although I obviously never met him, I feel like I know him thanks to your thoughtful posts. Sending you and propping you up with love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos. I wish Daren was here. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Caroline sandwich. His personality shows in these pictures so well.

    I fully believe he feels all the love...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree w Laura... I feel like I know him bc of what you share about him. Certainly wish I did! Loving and missing him with you all. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heart aches with these pictures and tales of his life. He sounds like so much fun. Like an energy everybody wanted to be around. I'm loving and missing him with you guys xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and your family and Daren.

    ReplyDelete